Pages

NewsAndInfo News Info Deck Tips news Guests House PVP Crafting Contests Pets

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I Challenge You To a Duel

I was doing a 3v3 with some low ranked wiz friends and we were matched against 2 storm grands and a balance grand. Within three passes 2 of us were dead from wild bolts. With my death noob dead, and our healer dead our last remaining team member died from a relatively small but well set up tempest. I gave the poor chain bolting storm wiz a hard time and he desperately defended his right to chain bolt with snipered bolts. Having been chain bolted in the match prior I finally had had enough and challenged him to a 1v1 duel. Normally I consider that rude however in this case I was too irritated to let it slide.

After a lot of trash talking on his part and a lot of his friends saying "dude, you're going to so kick his but because he's(me) not even a death grand." We got matched in practice. He let it slip that he'd loaded up on treasure death shields and I accordingly packed lots of poisons. Drawing second cast I was in a spot where I had to shield pretty much contstantly. He hit me with 2 bolts, a triton, two krackens and was trying to bolt again. I finally was able to take off his death shields with a poison and score a couple medium strenth hits on him. I was running very low on shields and frankly he was starting to win. I healed myself for good measure and threw a doom and gloom knowing I'd be done if he healed. His last bolt fizzled and out of a desire to teach him a lesson I bolted him. One try was all it took and he was defeated.

I should have felt guilt or possibly shame for being so forward about confronting what I view as a growing problem, instead I felt remarkably satisfied, my main regret was that I didn't bolt him with every pass to drive home the point.

Ultimately I'm sure my effort will mean nothing, however I do hope for a few small tweaks to arena in general.

1) no snipered bolts
2) arena 5 minute waiting penalty and forfeit of points for chain stunning (same as if fleeing a duel)

With these two small adjustments the only thing for people to complain about would be treasure noobs and let's face it we're all guilty of being treasure noobs. :)

Valerian Nightbringer/David Dragonheart

TODAY'S CODE FOR ONE LUCKY PERSON
B673A-8LLD7-2LDQX-4L563

3 comments:

M.W.S said...

I'll fight ya Valerian but, you have to contact me on my page k? Ty for code...

M.W.S said...

The code DIDN'T work. Your blog is awesome check out mines: http://sorcererofthespiral.blogspot.com

Thanks!

Shadowstalker said...

Someone else got it first, that's why.