Pages

NewsAndInfo News Info Deck Tips news Guests House PVP Crafting Contests Pets

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Frienship Limited to the Game?

I have been playing the game for some time and have become very close to a number of friends. I even keep a presence on diaryofawizard.ning.com to keep in touch with game buddies. But what is there to do beyond questing together, dueling together and the occasional email?

Inspired by my friend's real-world effort to help a wizard neighbor with physical needs...I resolved to help that friend in return in real life also. I didn't have the money to help or anything to give but I contacted some people and convinced them to take action on her behalf. Amazingly my effort paid off and some significant hope resulted from my small effort. I'm not trying to brag about this or get patted on the back for it but I'm in a challenging mood today...

I want to challenge those of you who have close friends on the game to not just help each other in the bits-and-bytes world of the game but to reach out a little extra where possible and lift someone's spirits even if it's nothing more than a compliment or a note. If you know a friend has needs beyond that, or really could use help in some real-world way, I challenge you to find a way to make their life better for having known you. Maybe in that way you can "earn your wings" in a different way :)

If you have such a story, feel free to comment and I'll include it. If you feel insecure about bragging you can be vague or you can say "I know someone who...". I want to collect some inspiring examples of people that make a difference in their friends lives in a positive way.

If you have an angelic friend you want to nominate for an honor I would be interested in doing a post about them and possibly an interview video.

thank you,
Valerian

5 comments:

Countess Shadowbane said...

You are truly one in a million Vale. I know you have helped me countless times with both game related issues, and much that is going on irl for me. For some reason, many of my friends from wizard are closer to me than the ones I have irl. I do not say that lightly, because I cherish friendships. It seems to me that the friends I have on wizard understand me better than many irl. To some people, that probably seems pathetic. To me, its like coming home. I have a number of special friends from wizard that I know I will keep in touch with long after this game is no more, people who have touched my life and made an impact. A gold shiny star for you for being such a friend - thank you Vale :)

Cody Skyrider said...

vale your the best. by the way can plz post about my new blog?

Cody Skyrider said...

Vale you are the best. by the way can you post abot my new blog?

games said...

Awesome Thanx u know where to find me at http://fire-kill.blogspot.com/ I got some tips of my own hehehehhehehehehehehe find me in ds on realm wu


Logan Silverflame, p.s tell alotta people about mine plz!!@#$%^&*()

Anonymous said...

I am not trying to boast vale but i have many close friends that play this game. not only did i help them with quests i also helped with homework or sports. my friend that is close is Galen lotusdust. we are best friends and very close. off record i would like to say that i think you are brilliant in what you write and i saw that you wrote this at 1 in the morning. i would like to say that even you are my hero.even though i am not a little kid.
sicerely
Chase Jadegem