Pages

NewsAndInfo News Info Deck Tips news Guests House PVP Crafting Contests Pets

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Experience Points For Level 50 + Wizards

An unexpected result of the update was the continued lack of experience points for level 50 wizards. This has had two side effects 1) it has made a lot of Grand Masters dissinterested in the new world and 2) it creates the "Syndrome Effect" from the movie the Incredibles... in one of the more memorable scenes Syndrome says "When everyone is special, no one will be".

By the end of the summer wizards that started as noobs just a month ago will be the same level as people who have been level 50 for six months. Already many of the level 50 wizards I know are losing interest in their Grand Master characters and much of the game in general. This is unfortunate in terms of building the lore of the game since people are the heart of this game.

I hope King Isle will provide a means to progress even beyond level 50. I'll keep writing them and I'd encourage all of you to do the same.

Valerian

3 comments:

Lyssie Silverheart said...

I think you should be able to change sides and we should have the spiral race (it's in one of my posts)

Fatal Exception said...

Syndrome: "Oh, ho ho! You sly dog! You got me monologuing! I can't believe it... "

Valid points, one and all. I mean Grizzleheim JUST came out, and many of us are now left with crafting, farming, or staring at the bazaar for hours. Crafting itself struck me as "busywork", a way to get more trad out of previously conquered worlds. So, what, a month, maybe 2? Then what? I'm not sure the next world will be out by then.

Vale said...

Always enjoy your comments Autumn. Thx!